"Puppy Happy Hour"
At the Bowmanville Veterinary Clinic, we appreciate the importance of proper puppy socialization. With proper socialization, puppies can be more attentive, polite and focused.
The key to proper socialization is exposure to a new and strange stimulus, followed by a positive reward. This will allow puppies to connect new (and potentially frightening) experiences with a positive result.
Puppy socialization needs to happen early. A puppy’s mental state is open to new experiences, and we need to take advantage of their natural curiosity.
Join us at the Bowmanville Veterinary Clinic for Puppy Happy Hour, a free program designed to socialize and expose your puppy to new experiences in a fun and safe environment.
Note: this is not a puppy training class, and is not an opportunity for one-on-one consultation regarding specific behavioural (or medical) problems.
Things you can expect at Puppy Happy Hour:
- exposure to new sounds
- exposure to new people and new puppies
- fun games aimed at socialization
- introduction to teeth brushing, ear cleaning and nail trimming
WHO: Puppies 10-16 weeks of age
WHERE: Bowmanville Veterinary Clinic
WHEN: The first Tuesday of every month from 7:30 - 8:30pm
Children 12 years and older are welcome to attend, but must be accompanied by an adult.
First come, first served! Limit of 8 puppies per class. Must be pre-registered, call Bowmanville Veterinary Clinic at 905-623-4431 to register or to find out more.
Puppy Checklist Prior to Attending Happy Hour:
- An examination by a veterinarian at the Bowmanville Veterinary Clinic at least 7 days prior to first Happy Hour
- Initial vaccines (distemper/parvovirus/adenovirus combo and kennel cough)
- Negative fecal examination (or undergoing parasite treatment)
- No vomiting/diarrhea/ respiratory signs for at least 5 days prior